CT50 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have just re-done my bathroom and i have installed a mixer bar with a ct50 shower pump which is up in the loft, if i leave the shower over night the next morning the shower will not turn on, i have to take the shower head off and suck down the hose to get any water out of the shower and for the pump to kick in aswell when i change it to hot loads of air comes out (the hot is t'ed into the hot water clyinder outlet)
This is realy anoying can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
sounds like you haven't got enough head between the cws and the pump.
also the feed for the hot would of be better off a surrey flange or essex flange with an anti gravity loop.
its all in the instructions that come with the pump.

sounds like you haven't got enough head between the cws and the pump.
also the feed for the hot would of be better off a surrey flange or essex flange with an anti gravity loop.
its all in the instructions that come with the pump.
I have the minium 600 head which it asks for and hot feed, i cannot put a surrey flange in because the tank is so old it will split, will it help if i put the pump in the airing cupboard

did you get all the air out of the feeds when installed ?
did you fit any air bleed valves in the top of pipework so you can bleed all the air.

Sponsored Links

If you plumb in anti gravity Loop as Seco Mentioned this should do the trick, use a techflange they are less likly to encourage air pre anti-gravity loop.

It will make all the difference if you fit it on the floor of the airing cupboard you would also not need the Techflange or the anti gravity loop.

CT50 is a regenerative pump so it will have the ability to push a bit of air, but it cannot suck airlocks.

http://www.tapstore.com/acatalog/Techflange___Cutter.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back