salamander CT50 installation. Pipework on pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to boost the shower in my bathroom via a salamander ct50 pump. All the plumbing to the pump is spot on but does it matter which way the pipe work is connect on the pump. Now obviously it is hot to hot and cold to cold but with no flow direction arrows on the pump I`m not sure if it is important to get the flow in the right direction. On the pump I`m not sure which side is the inlet and which side is the outlet? Your advice will be appreciated. Your help will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It should be marked on the pump!

Its vitally important that it pumps TOWARDS the taps.

You dont want your bathwater being sucked out of the bath back into the tank do you!

Tony

Is it not shown in the installation instructions supplied with the pump?

Or did you buy it at a car boot sale without a box or instructions or even any guarantee that it works?

Tony

Sponsored Links
they are Centrifugal pumps and flow enters the centre and exits the outer (top) on a salamander.

Actually it fell of the back of a truck. I then managed to drive over it with my van. I got home and stuck it together with superglue. So obviously I don't have the instructions and actually I`m not sure if it works. So once again the reason for me posting on this forum. If you cannot help please leave this tread to people who actually can give sound advice.

Actually it fell of the back of a truck. I then managed to drive over it with my van. I got home and stuck it together with superglue. So obviously I don't have the instructions and actually I`m not sure if it works. So once again the reason for me posting on this forum. If you cannot help please leave this tread to people who actually can give sound advice.

if it's knocked off all the better who wants to pay full price.

You can download the instructions from the Salamander web site.

If you telephone their helpline they give you an extra year warranty!

Now hows that for helping you!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back