Salamander CT50 shower pump inlet/ outlet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can't work out which are the inlets and which are the outlets on my new Salamander CT50 twin pump. I can guess that it doesn't matter which is the hot end and which is the cold, but not how to connect it to my existing pipework!

I've looked through the paperwork, the box, the pump and all over the websites, but I can't work it out.

Plese could someone help?![/b]

Sponsored Links
On a centrifugal pump the inlet runs to the centre of the pump chamber, and the outlet flows from the periphery, so that's inlets on the ends and outlets on top

The instructions really aren't clear are they?! I've had to interpret them too, and the bit which says that the AV (antivibration) connections are bent to allow for inlets make me think that the outlets are the ones on the top too.

The CT50 does not have inlets coming in to the centre of the chamber either... no tubes come out of the ends at all; they're either at the top or out of the front! Not helpful are they?!

Sponsored Links
Just worked out from other pump makes that the pump sensor is attached to the outlets and not the inlets. This would also mean that the outlet is the one at the top of the pump.

I'm going ahead with it and will post whether it worked or not!

Okay, the Salamander CT50...

The inlet is the one at the front/ back which is attached via the 90 bent AntiVibration connector.

The outlet, like on many other pumps out there, comes out at the top. The giveaway, I realised later, is that the pump's sensors are connected to the outlet pipes, again like many other pumps out there.

Why on earth they couldn't just put an arrow on the pump or a diagram in the booklet is beyond me.

Yippee, my shower now works.
[/b]

They would be excellent drawings if all their pumps had inlets central on the ends... the CT50 doesn't. You say it's clear in the diagrams... was I missing something?

The diagrams in the instructions are the clearest indication of inlet/outlet connections.

They would be clearer if they simply had an arrow pointing to an inlet and or outlet. I do recall some reference to it but it wasnt in plain english

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back