CTable calculation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone help me out with a quick cable calculation please, I'm without my regs or osg.

Had a guy ring asking what size cable..

It's for his shed, so SWA.

He's got a 12kw heater (ouch) to put in his shed and the run is 60 metres away from his house. There's no grouping factors I believe, I think ambient temps are exc as it's gonna get buried outside etc. It's a straight run, no bends and that's all the info I have.

:confused:

Sponsored Links
What else is going to be fed from the CU also?
What is a 12kw heater for, is a monster!! Swimming pool?
If you are looking at running in a 63A submain from a switch fuse it will need a 25mm² cable.
If it is going to be a direct feed with nothing else on it then a 16mm² will do (according to volt drop for a 12kw load anyway).

well I've asked him exactly what else he plans on using it for but he's being a little secretive..

it's for a swimming pool so I wanna now if any pumps, lights etc will be comning off of the supply. I've settled at 25.0mm incase of any other demand he's not letting me know about.

Many thanks for your reply.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back