CU Enclosure and EMMA enclosures.

STI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In a domestic scenario Is it ok to leave the front cover off a CU if that CU is in a cupboard which only holds it and the meter , is about 2 mtrs off the ground and locked. I dont know why its missing but it is

Looking in the regs the wooden enclosure its now in seems to meet the IP criteria and can only be accessed by obtaining a key. My only other thought is it needs a danger label on the cupboard

If this is not acceptable is EMMA another trade name for wylex. The CU has Wylex MCB's but no other form of identification to enable me to order a replacement cover.

Sponsored Links
The manufacturers cover must be fitted because it has been designed to contain any heat/smoke/fire caused by a fault inside the cu.

Hi Holmslaw,

I thought this might come into play but wasnt sure given one of the recent posts on a melting/burnt CU cover and following a quick scan i couldnt find anything specific in the regs.

Londonboy I will try and get some pictures uploaded once i have found my USB cable to connect my camera and/or phone to the PC.:evil:

Sponsored Links
EMMA consumer units are Contactum ones with a different label on.

However as Contactum have changed the design of their CUs since then, and then the company want into administration and have since been bought up by someone, the chances of obtaining a replacement cover are small.

• Thanks
Reactions: STI

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back