CU replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a Hagar CU 12 way split load RCD protection.I have also bought 25mm tails.I want to replace an old CU.A fully qualified electrition is going to do for me.Could he fit isolator or company has to do it.Is The isolator generally fitted between supply fuse and meter or between meter and CU.Can somebody give me some idea what sort of price are we looking for.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
saleem said:
I have bought a Hagar CU 12 way split load RCD protection.I have also bought 25mm tails.I want to replace an old CU.A fully qualified electrition is going to do for me.
Good plan.

Have you bought the right sort of CU? Is 12 ways enough for you? Have you found an electrician happy to fit your materials?

Could he fit isolator or company has to do it.
He could do it. Sometimes the DNO will do it for a reasonable fee. Sometimes the DNO will do it for an outrageous fee. Sometimes the DNO won't do it.

Is The isolator generally fitted between supply fuse and meter or between meter and CU.
Think for a minute. If it was before the meter, what would it allow people to easily do?

Can somebody give me some idea what sort of price are we looking for.
Thank you.
Ask your electrician, and ask your DNO.

Hi Saleem,

You have posted a number of times with each post getting more and more complicated and expecting higher levels of knowledge and experience from ... Flickering lightbulb to sink bonding to how to connect an oven and now finally to replacing a consumer unit.

Having read all the posts, you have been given sensible advice by many forum members. Some have questioned your level of basic understanding and ability to undertake some of the work you have asked about (even though you have still been given the advice you sought on how to do the work).

You have said that a qualified electrician will be carrying out this work (CU replacement) and that certainly makes me feel more comfortable as this is beyond your current level of understanding and skills (IMO).

There aren't many more potentially dangerous activities for an electrical DIY'er than replacing a CU and nobody here wants to see you in the DIY disasters section.

Please don't take this personally ... it is just my advice based the posts I've read from you.

Sponsored Links
megawatt said:
Hi Saleem,

You have posted a number of times with each post getting more and more complicated and expecting higher levels of knowledge and experience from ... Flickering lightbulb to sink bonding to how to connect an oven and now finally to replacing a consumer unit.

Having read all the posts, you have been given sensible advice by many forum members. Some have questioned your level of basic understanding and ability to undertake some of the work you have asked about (even though you have still been given the advice you sought on how to do the work).

You have said that a qualified electrician will be carrying out this work (CU replacement) and that certainly makes me feel more comfortable as this is beyond your current level of understanding and skills (IMO).

There aren't many more potentially dangerous activities for an electrical DIY'er than replacing a CU and nobody here wants to see you in the DIY disasters section.

Please don't take this personally ... it is just my advice based the posts I've read from you.
Thanks for reading all my previous posts and i have got your message.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back