Cupboard to loo conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am planning to convert a downstairs cupboard into a small loo. Do I need planning permission or BCO inspection, or can I crack on with it ??

Cheers

Lee

Sponsored Links
well many just crack on with it, but a friendly informal chat with your local BCO never harms and he may well advise you of anything you particularly need to be aware of.

I must admit I really cant remember if you NEED permision for it - I dont think so, but again the chat will revael all.

Woody

PS let us know the outcome will you?

Make sure its not next to the dining room. If it is, then you will need dividing doors!

Bazdaa

I am doing the same, and the BCO, who was here looking at the new stairs (which created the new downstairs cloakroom in the first place) said that I would need to go thru the rigmarole of applying to him again for the toilet project. Great.

Sponsored Links
You definately need to make a building regs application.

you will need a wash hand basin and an opening window/mechanical extract.

Is your SVP nearby or are you putting in a new manhole onto your drain run?

Bazdaa said:
Make sure its not next to the dining room. If it is, then you will need dividing doors!

Bazdaa

According to the building regs you only need one door between toilet and kitchen/food prep area if there is a washbasin in the same room as the toilet.

It used to be 2, but now it's just 1 door. :idea:

AdamW said:
Bazdaa said:

Bazdaa

According to the building regs you only need one door between toilet and kitchen/food prep area if there is a washbasin in the same room as the toilet.

It used to be 2, but now it's just 1 door. :idea:

Only one door required, and you will need building Regs approval.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back