Wall insulation ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am converting the back of my garage into a downstairs loo which can be accessed from the house...(when i knock the wall through.).
I have building regs inspector round and he says i need celotex timber frame insulation between my new loo and the garage....timber frame is 100mm thick.
This is well expensive, is there anything i can use that is cheaper that will satisfy building control officer?
Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Are you asking for an alternative to Celotex or timber frame?

Timber frame is by the far the easiest and most efficient way of achieving the u-values as requested by the BCO. Celotex is not the cheapest form of insulation and there are other alternatives, which can provide the same thermal resistance. However, Celotex is preferred and most commonly used due to its workability as the boards come in sheets and can be cut down to size to suit stud spacings, etc...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back