Insulation Direct on Walls?

• Thread starter Deleted member 262063
  • Start date
FWIW I have stuck PIR backed PB to all the bare-brick external walls of my cavity walled Edwardian refurb directly. Mostly using PB adhesive. Instastik foam isn't so good if the wall isn't smooth - dabs give more scope to knock the boards level. Overboarding internal walls with standard PB which were flat, I used instastick more. 3 years since this was done - it's all still there and the house is toasty.

Sponsored Links
FWIW I have stuck PIR backed PB to all the bare-brick external walls of my cavity walled Edwardian refurb directly. Mostly using PB adhesive. Instastik foam isn't so good if the wall isn't smooth - dabs give more scope to knock the boards level. Overboarding internal walls with standard PB which were flat, I used instastick more. 3 years since this was done - it's all still there and the house is toasty.
Thanks good to know

*waits in anticipation for somebody to ask whether BR’s is required for a loft conversion*

Attachments

• 226B575C-E399-4044-8982-2890FEDC0F87.jpeg
    226B575C-E399-4044-8982-2890FEDC0F87.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 86
Sponsored Links
When someone asks about building regulations for a garage conversion, and you give some numpty answer like "It's not a change of use under building regulations", its misleading and just a stupid reply.
It is neither.

Particularly given
Ah I always thought it was change of use that I would be applying for.

What they want to know is do they need building regulation approval for a garage conversion, and the answer is "yes".
The answer is not "yes" re the conversion per se.

Now why you can't just say that is beyond me.
inevitably there will be some work carried out that will require b regs.

I do wonder how many scaffolds you have been flung off in your tour of the UK, due to your poxy communication skills.
You and I are reading the same words.

I have no problem understanding them.

If you do then the problem must lie elsewhere than in them.

It is a change of use! just see what the mrs says when she catches you changing the engine oil in there once its been converted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back