Regs for insulating wall around combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a combi boilder installed in an attached outhouse. Obviously it's mounted on a wall with all associated pipe work running up and down.

I'm about to start converting this outhouse into a habitable room. As it's single skin brick it will have stud work and quite a bit of Celotex going in.

To comply with building regs, would we have to have the boiler removed, insulate the walls and then refit it? I was hoping there'd be a way to avoid this, such as boxing the whole thing in and in and insulating around it.

Sponsored Links
Why not insulate externaly and cover with waterproof covering such as cladding or render. I once did a school with the external walls between steelwork insulation blocks with a render over the top. (made of nothing else!)
This is a solution to a lot of refurbs to houses as well.

I reckon if you insulate round the boiler they would probably want an external door into it.

Needs to be internally insulated in this case.

The boiler boxing would have a door to the front. The insulation is about 120mm and the boiler's much deeper than that, it's not going to cover it!

Sponsored Links
I suppose if you make a door with the insulation in and its got a seal it would be something similiar to a loft hatch in a loft conversion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back