Current burning issues?

Which do you consider most important?

• Fossil fuels running out?

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • New nuclear power stations?

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Women being allowed to cover their faces?

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was talking to this show producer yesterday who is trying to put together current issues which interest Londoners.

Do any of you feel strongly about any of these:-

Fossil fuels running out...

Nuclear power stations....

Women being allowed to cover their faces ( burkas ) ?

Or what other issues concern you?

Sponsored Links
A depression (not mental) that will last longer than our lifetimes, and make the 30s look like a cha cha cha.

I had a big argument at Morrisons petrol station a few months ago, they refused to take my money off me because i had my lid on, which is why i ride a bike, it's quick, in and out of traffic, queue jumping etc. then i go to Morrisons for fuel and i got to take my lid off, if i was wearing a burka that would not have been a problem, FFS!! who's country is this??? i was born and bred here, served in the armed forces for my country, paid my taxes and then i'm treated like some second class citizen, i had a £20 note in my hand and they refused to take it and called security.

So it's a big NO from me, deffinatly no burkas, how come the French can ban them and not us??

Because Muslim women don't make a habit of robbing petrol stations. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Because Muslim women don't make a habit of robbing petrol stations. :rolleyes:

If i was going to do a runner i would take a vehicle with a fuel tank capacity more than 17liters

Several robbers have used burkas as a disguise.

So lets ban them in OUR country, if they prefer they can always move to Afganistan.

Can they? Aren't we busy imposing our values on Afghanistan too?

It's more ignorant to wear sunglasses than a burkha.

I had a big argument at Morrisons petrol station a few months ago, they refused to take my money off me because i had my lid on, which is why i ride a bike, it's quick, in and out of traffic, queue jumping etc. then i go to Morrisons for fuel and i got to take my lid off, if i was wearing a burka that would not have been a problem, FFS!! who's country is this??? i was born and bred here, served in the armed forces for my country, paid my taxes and then i'm treated like some second class citizen, i had a £20 note in my hand and they refused to take it and called security.

So it's a big NO from me, deffinatly no burkas, how come the French can ban them and not us??

Look at it from the point of view of the employee - are they intimidated by the helmet, perhaps it is company policy , perhaps there is a history of beig robbed by men in lids.

You may have felt like a secon class citizen, but you were not really treated like one -as anyone entering there with a lid would have been asked to do the same.

Getting into an argument about it probably only confirmed their policy, in their eyes.

( I used to have a bike )

But do you take them off if talking to someone? Or are you pig ignorant?

So two people are on a beach or in a very sunny location and your saying it is rude not to take them off.
Yet you say a crash helmet should be and a rag on your head not, some have very strange views here.
I also was challenged to take off my lid when paying for fuel I refused and told them of they did not want my payment to take my registration.
They took my money.

Sponsored Links
Back