current prices

£3 skim and £7.50 float and set but some are paying only £6
Your getting robbed mate we do a lot of machine plastering so prices can be better then that £3.50 £3.70 skimming up to £9 float and set mono £15 m2 £25 supply and fit self levelling floor screed £10 m2 happy days

Sponsored Links
Your getting robbed mate we do a lot of machine plastering so prices can be better then that £3.50 £3.70 skimming up to £9 float and set
well looks like your the one getting robbed now because my last job was £4 a m2 skim and £9m2 float and set so yes happy days i was raking it in, those prices you quoted me on was based on early last year so i would review your prices if i were you,
"EDIT" also just to add all the money was mine i wasent in a gang this time so you were getting £3.50 a m2 each when you were machine plastering? or was that shared?

we go in a tender for our own work on site our big jobs rendering is normally a lot of units.
as for plastering we just go in at normal prices hand balling is ok but as wee go in as a gang machine we make more money as we can turn out up to 300m2 per day if the going is good.
nice big areas ect the money is there for us.
we have up to 5 guys and a machine so m2 isn't prob for us.
going rate for skimming is anywhere from £3.50p to £4.20 from as bad as £6.50p to £10m2 float and set mono and s/c is the same on most sites here
in the south east.
as i said we go on big m2 soo covering big jobs isn't a prob.

we go in as main contractor on site if needed we sub out no working for agenceys ect
we do a lot of work for redrow higgens firns we keep a good turn around of work for them.

iv known guys on site skimming for £2 m2 its bad times if you get the cream jobs then happy days if not then you just have to plob along like all the other spreads on site

Sponsored Links
It's how the building game has gone with the recession the fat cats. Still get good money before the plasterer is given the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back