Current scrap prices

But if it is being "reused" then it is not "waste".
You're at liberty to challenge the above definition directly with the Environment Agency, but please don't peddle your pointless contradictions here, when the EA statement is perfectly clear.

What the heck is "unwanted surplus substances " ?
Do you know what a substance is?

Do you know what surplus means?

Do you know what unwanted means?

It appears that you do.

Cant be any of the pipes & fittings that are being carried because at the time they are "wanted" :D
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Does that mean that anybody that taking stuff to the local tip of a weekend will need to have a waste carriers licence?

Or for that matter if you were to be taking your bottles, cans and newspapers to the bottlebanks/recycling centres that are dotted about in car parks do you know need a licence for that? The statement seems to point that way.

Only if you are in a commercial vehicle...

One of my ex engineers called me up a while ago 'cos they had a road block on Swiss cottage roundabout and were pulling all the vans they could.

Does that mean that anybody that taking stuff to the local tip of a weekend will need to have a waste carriers licence?
If that comes under the definition above, then clearly it would mean that.

Or for that matter if you were to be taking your bottles, cans and newspapers to the bottlebanks/recycling centres that are dotted about in car parks do you know need a licence for that?
If you're taking bottles, cans and newspapers in the course of any business then yes, otherwise clearly not.

The statement seems to point that way.
Really? I found the part about being "in the course of any business" particularly easy to read and comprehend, and it doesn't say what you're implying.

Sponsored Links
So Softus, getting back to my original thread of only weighing in scrap copper on an occasional basis AND declaring it on my self-employed tax return, I need to purchase this extra tax/licence of £145 (for 3 years duration) :eek: ? Anybody else want a piece of me :evil: :evil: :evil: ? I,m one of these eccentric millionaire gas fitters/plumbers the newspapers write about earning F****** megabucks for an averge 65 hour week, so much so I resort to weighing the "clean" copper in :evil: ? I sometimes think I would be better off being a postman like one of my friends? :evil:

Ho hum Dan, with capital of culture and loadsamoney lifestyles to pay for, we,ve moved with the times :LOL: We take property defaults and gullible bank lenders , Nigeria internet fraudsters eat your heart out :evil: . Or perhaps the other tribes hearts :LOL: Sorry that was Idi Amin, Uganda :rolleyes:

but please don't peddle your pointless contradictions here,

This is a forum, and you do not write the rules. he is just as permitted as you to peddle anything.

when the EA statement is perfectly clear.

Which it is not. It mentions unwanted substances. Unwanted by whom? The scrapyard wants it to the extent they are prepared to pay.

Do you know what a substance is?

Do you know what surplus means?

Do you know what unwanted means?

Do you?

Why not have a discussion instead of frequently giving the impression of wanting an argument?

but please don't peddle your pointless contradictions here,
This is a forum, and you do not write the rules. he is just as permitted as you to peddle anything.
Since when was saying "please" regarded as a rule? :rolleyes:

when the EA statement is perfectly clear.
Which it is not. It mentions unwanted substances. Unwanted by whom? The scrapyard wants it to the extent they are prepared to pay.
Oh I quite agree. If you're prepared to ignore the intention of the writer then you can give the words any meaning you like.

Since I have a license, that question is as irrelevant as fins on a donkey.

Why not have a discussion instead of frequently giving the impression of wanting an argument?
You're asking the wrong person.

I didn't incorrectly state what the relevant legislation says.
I didn't challenge the content of the relevant legislation.
I didn't misunderstand the meaning of the words on the EA web site, and contradict them based on my misunderstanding.

This is a forum, and you do not write the rules. I am just as permitted as you to ask questions.

unwanted surplus substances

is an incredibly vague description, it can be interpreted in so many different ways it means virtually sod all. for example if i have more pipe than i required it's unwanted but i'll keep it on the van, same with boiler o rings or screws, i don't want them as they clutter the van but keep them just in case they're ever needed. so will i get done for carrying these on my van?

i want used copper as it gets me extra money, therefore it's wanted. if they say that i'm only selling it on then that's what i do with pumps etc so are they then classed as waste?!?! if you class it as used then surely it's not waste, just secondhand ;)

unwanted surplus substances

is an incredibly vague description, it can be interpreted in so many different ways it means virtually s** all.

It's a very specific description, but the words used are not defined. We therefore can only interpret the meaning in the context of the intentions of the author, which, to date, from the extract provided, is also not detailed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back