Scrap prices

N

namsag

For those of you sitting on a pile of copper to give yourself a nice little xmas bonus , have you noticed scrap has halfed in price over the past month , From around £2700 to £1300 Dropping at least £500 quid a ton in the past week and if guy who collects our rubbish is to be believed it fell even further yesterday/
Thankfully took ours in last month

Sponsored Links
Yesterday we got (per kilo) 70p for brass, £1:60 for clean copper and £1:30 for an elson tank. :cry: Makes me want to leave it in :cry:

Sponsored Links
Yesterday we got (per kilo) 70p for brass, £1:60 for clean copper and £1:30 for an elson tank. :cry: Makes me want to leave it in :cry:

Thats £32 for the elson not £1.30

On the plus side, tube prices are falling big time at the merchants. Obviousley not an advantage to the employed amongst us, but good for everyone else, customers included.

What prices are you getting charged now for 15mm and 22mm i know its still around £40+ for 15mm and £80+for 22mm surely now it should be back down to a normal rate

where are you getting it at that price heating man ..is that plus i take it

Dont forget guys , China was one of the main reasons for the increase in prices early this year. They shut down production for the olympics for 3 months. wait and see what happens now they are starting up again.credit crunch may depict production for a short while.My advise is to stockpile your scrap.

Plumbcentre £39 and £78 on thursday but price has come down 3 times in the past week so maybe down again by monday. Hope so.
What we forget about is rads prob doubled in price over the past few years as well so they should be coming down but bet they wont

It was the Chinese and speculation that caused the ridiculous hike in prices, luckily they are now going down in price. About time!

I think I saw unleaded at 94.9 p yesterday!

Thats a big drop since to peak of 119.9 p a few weeks ago!

Maybe I will look for a larger engined car again!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back