fujitsu siemens laptop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had this laptop less than a month (Amilo 2727Li) when one of the number keys fell off. Wife took it back to Comet and was told, " Nothing to do with us. Classed as misuse or accidental damage. Isn't covered by warranty. Contact FS but they'll probably charge you 70 quid for repair". When I came in from work I went down and got the same spiel. They even offered to ring FS and get a price for the repair. While they were on the phone to FS I rang Trading Standards and got their advice. Phone calls over, "100 quid to replace the key" said the girl from Comet. "Not according to TS" says I and relays the conversation I'd just had. Off she trots to see manager. When she returns I'm offered a replacement. I accept the offer and have returned today and ordered a Toshiba laptop. No more Fuji siemensy rubbish for me. I'm having the more expensive Toshibery rubbish this time.
It makes me wonder how many more people are fobbed off in this way. I was a bit concerned when the guy from TS said that if I had had the laptop for more than 30 days I would have been deemed to have accepted it and getting some sort of satisfaction would have been a bit more problematical. How do these manufacturers get away with applying a warranty to only certain parts of their product? When I returned today to sort out the replacement the sales girl was saying that stuff such as keys falling off and screens going faulty were commonplace with laptops. I wondered if she was being truthful or just trying to get me to purchase their Total product cover for a 100 notes. I brought one of their buyers guides home with me and it didn't say anything in there about keys and screens going wonky. Not much of a buyers guide then. I suppose I'm stuck with this purchase but I'm definitely reconsidering son's request for a laptop at Xmas.

Sponsored Links
apaperntly its quite "acceptable" to have non working dots on an lcd screen ,so long as its not above a speciifc % of the total screen area.

found that out when looking at LCD tvs

apaperntly its quite "acceptable" to have non working dots on an lcd screen ,so long as its not above a speciifc % of the total screen area.

found that out when looking at LCD tvs
0.000001% would drive me mad, tbh. :confused:

Sponsored Links
without boring you all with the details. comet were wrong to do this to you. the keys do come off due to the fact they are really delicate. you kept statin fujitsu siemens as fs well your not far off there m8 coz they are fs. yes there are limitaions for claims on missing pixels there has to be so many in certain zones. if you want to know more about your rights the google
RETRA

you will get a ton of info there. ;)

Back