laptop cant enter bios

stuff machine ?????????? will not make it go faster ????? sorry but have you never reinstalled windows it always runs faster after fresh install on an old sytem
Reinstalling windows over existing install does not make it go faster.
It may make it work if you have an existing problem, but not faster.

A complete fresh install, now thats a different matter. Many would argue it is wise to do this annually if you load lots of progs on it.

And for the record, yes, i have reinstalled windows once or twice.

Sponsored Links
i have posted on here for a long time but for some reason people ask something simple and u try to make them feel as if they should not ask about problems and are rude at times is this not a diy forum for people to swap problems about everything be it pcs or building etc . do you know everything about pc hardware?

suffolklad said:
i have posted on here for a long time but for some reason people ask something simple and u try to make them feel as if they should not ask about problems
You don't get to choose how much of people's time you waste by asking the wrong question about the problem. If you want expert help, then allow that expert to get the background. If you don't like it, then go somewhere else.

...and are rude at times is this not a diy forum for people to swap problems about everything be it pcs or building etc
Tell me this then: is it more rude to be blunt when having to repeatedly ask for basic information, like the symptoms of a problem, or to ask a question without presenting that ever-so-basic piece of information?

do you know everything about pc hardware?
Nearly, but not quite.

i find that computer problems are never the same and somtimes are never really understood why that happened etc its alway a learning curve all the time thats why i enjoy looking at this forum . it really was bugging me why mates laptop wont boot xp cd even though it should .

Sponsored Links
softus i dont mean to be rude to you and im sorry if i have offended you , perhaps i was not clear with problem to start with

You asked how to get to bios.
I told you.
You asked how to reinstall windows. Based on info you posted i suggested possible cause. Then said if you can read the CD (assuming you use explorer) you can use setup to reinstall windows.

Based on your posts, you simply said you wanted to reinstall the OS. This is not the same as a fresh install. You only mentioned this later.

You then inferred i may not quite know much about the topic.
As it happens, yes i do. I may not be MSCE qualified but i do have some quals.

yes works ok thanks very much for reply i dont see why softus etc is being rude to me i am only asking for advice have i been rude to you?

yes works ok thanks very much for reply i dont see why softus etc is being rude to me i am only asking for advice have i been rude to you?
To be fair, you gave little to no information.
In essence you asked the 'how long is a piece of string?' type question.
From your posts it suggests you know little about computers. The guys were quite correct in asking you the questions. They could easily have told you how to do the guaranteed method but you'd not be best pleased.
Why??? You make no mention of any data/files being backed up/archived. You have done this haven't you??

Fault finding on a computer is not quite the same as standard hardware. Software and the OS play strange tricks. Lappy's are even worse.

suffolklad said:
softus i dont mean to be rude to you and im sorry if i have offended you
I never said that you were rude, or that I was offended.

perhaps i was not clear with problem to start with
Er, you think?

sorry but if you look back has anyone asked for information they have just been rude to me

sorry but if you look back has anyone asked for information they have just been rude to me
I think you'll find Barsteward did, i did and indirectly, Softus did.

All you did was give the name of the notebook. It actually tells you, albeit briefly, what key to press on bootup.

You've to help if you want assistance on computers.

Has anyone asked you? Are you serious?

Near the beginning said:
We don't know - you haven't told us about any of the original symptoms.
I also said:
What are the symptoms of the original problem that your friend asked you to help him/her with?
And another time said:
Well then, why don't you fix the problem that's causing it to be slow?
And I also said:
What are the symptoms of it being "corrupted"?
In my book these are direct questions - nothing indirect at all.

so i thought i would boot it from xp cd it starts inizilizing set up then nothing on screen ? the cd drive works ive tried reading xp disk when op is running sorry but this was what i asked at the begining this is the problem i just thought someone on here that seems to know all so they keep saying might have a clue to the problem . and not just make us all feel so small as if because we are asking for help that we know nothing

Sponsored Links
Back