NTLDR is missing ctrl alt del

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

I have an old Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop, which has given up the ghost, I have had the laptop since 2005, the cd rom on it don't work, so I can put the boot cd in. I have use a cd via the USB.

It has now got the following message on start up

NTLDR is missing Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

I have done that, but nothing, it goes round in circles - and don't do nothing else.

I have on start up kept F12 down and gone to the USB symbol and tried with boot cd, but nothing - I am wondering is it going to worth me taking it to someone to get it fix, or give it a sling.

I can't type nothing where the cursor flashes either at the moment!

Many thanks I look forward to hearing your comments.

Chocoholic :)

Sponsored Links
Now, I don't want to jump to conclusions, but you haven't googled "NTLDR is missing Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart", and seen the wealth of websites that address this problem, have you?

Hi

Yes, I did have a look, and unfortunately, I can't seem to get any where, due to the cd rom not working properly, I have tried using the boot CD through a usb port, but no avail!

I just wonder if a computer expert would be able to do something with it

Many thanks

Chocoholic :)

Sponsored Links
NTLDR is missing. This will often indicate that the hard drive has failed, or is on the point of failing, especially with a machine of this vintage. The actual meaning of the message is that the boot loader cannot find the file to start up the Operating System. In the (good) old days of DOS it was "Command.Com is missing. Insert boot disk in Drive A and hit any key to continue.

Back