hpbios.rom badchecksum..problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help..I have a hp m7091uk destop which comes with 400gb and an ext drive 300gb..recently I started using the slot-in ext drive..then one day while on the internet reading my email the screen says 'closing down'..and then it turns itself off.

when I tried to start up..it shows the monitor says 'no input'..and 'going to sleep'..then after running for awhile the screen comes on with the error hpbios badchecksum..and it starts looking for the floppy or cd-rom for the hpbios.rom file..

I read from other forum to check and upgrade hpbios.rom and did that but still nothing happens. When I put the bios upgrade cd in it says reading file..then nothing..still looking for the bios.rom..

can anyone please help. I am told to get the upgrade and then run it on a good pc and look for 'local files' and then find certain files and recopy them onto cd and use that to get the pc booting up..since I am no pc savy I am at a dead loss..so, please help...

thanks

mike

Sponsored Links
Follow the instructions written by "Gene Niesen" or "airhead137" on this web page.

If that doesn't work for you, then I suspect you'll need a new motherboard.

Sponsored Links
Back