bios flash problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, bios on my fujitsu amilo is corrupted and I can't start laptop past bios config. screen. I cant reload windows to flash it from there as installation hits a blue screen and says the bios is not acpi(??) and needs to be flashed.

I made a cd with the dos software on to run the flash but unfortunately the file I need to run from dos is called bios.bat, the problem I have with that is that the letter 't' on my keyboard doesn't work and I normally use a usb keyboard which obviously doesn't work atm.

Anyway around this?, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi, If the bios was corrupted it would not post. Nothing would come up.

What exactly does the blue screen say.

can you get someone to floppy the flash for you?

Flashing the bios should only be done if your getting problems and the latest bios version says it fixes it.

It’s either a setting in the bios has been changed or something else.

The blue screen of death can help fixing the problem.

Sponsored Links
sorry for the delay I managed to fire it up until my sis in law unplugged it yesterday :rolleyes:
If I try to boot normally the message is:

'unknown bios error. Error code =FFFF' (though the letters can change)

If I try to reinstall the error message on the bsod is

'the bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact the system vendor for an updated bios.

I can get to the start windows normally screen where it will attempt to boot, flash a bsod for a fraction of a second and restart with the 'unknown bios error press f2 message'

I have also tried to flash the bios from windows when it last booted up but it got halfway through and said it couldn't perform the action as the bios was write protected.

Hi, If you start it up when past the bios screen start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced boot Menu should appear and hopefully the option of "Disable automatic restart on system failure" select that so next time you get a blue screen of death you will be able to see what it says.

Are you able to enter the bios setup? If you can you could try to load bios defaults to see if that fixes it.

Hi, its the same bsod about the bios not being fully acpi compliant

Not many options in my bios to change tbh, have loaded optimal and tried to turn off anything I can but no better. Even put a new cmos battery in but still the same.

It's entirely possible you've knacked the bios rom.
Its also possible you can buy a new one for your model. They don't usually cost a lot, maybe a tenner or so., (well, was a few years back). But its likely to cost more to have it actually changed as its probably soldered on the mobo, as opposed to plugged.
Is the laptop worth keeping? Seeing as your 'T' key doesn't work either. Anything else likely to go boobs up on it?

oooh....thinking about it, what Amilo Model is it, exactly?
I have a few amilo pro's 'in the back' that i won't use anymore.

Hi, the laptop is an amilio m3438g. Probably it's past its best but it does keep the kids off the main one and where we can see 'em.

Sponsored Links
Back