Laptop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing is ever easy is it?

OK, I bought a laptop with wireless capability. However the drivers need installing. The "recovery disk" doesn't appear to contain the drivers.

To start at the beginning, On first boot-up, there were lines of white text in German, what appeared to be repeating error messages after all 4 boot up options (boot up options title was windows 98 :eek: )

So I used the recovery disk and installation went ok. However now wireless wont work. I have sound and display etc. It says there are no network devices present. The hard drive has 3 visible partitions. FATPE and TDS_STICK. The LAN controllers are enabled in the BIOS. Its a Fujitsu Siemens esprimo mobile.

Any help?

Sponsored Links
Start here. You should be able to find the drivers from your model number.

Oddly enough, thats exactly where i started! :LOL: I downloaded drivers to a CD and installed. However, the device manager says the device cannot start. :confused: I have contacted fujitsu about this. I suspect it is faulty.

Sponsored Links
Is your laptop one of these by any chance?

:LOL:

I had wireless probs last week, after much hair tearing and trying all the usual stuff, I went into add remove programs>add remove windows components and deleted everything under the networking section. Reinstalled driver for network adapter and everything is now hunky dory.

Also, in device manager select view, and then show hidden devices. This might show something or multiple installations of drivers that are causing probs.

Back