current scrap prices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi does anyone know what the current scrap prices are for heavy copper, mixed brass and braizery, ta

Sponsored Links
Does it matter? It all depends where you take it and what they give you for it. This question comes up time and time again.

Took two builders bags of clean copper , 1 bag of braizery (sp) & half a carrier bag of brass , got £140 for it , this was today.

Sponsored Links
Took two builders bags of clean copper , 1 bag of braizery (sp) & half a carrier bag of brass , got £140 for it , this was today.

We had a load of threaded copper , the holy grail of copper pipe 35mm & 54mm , came out of a 8 bed mansion plumbed up in the 60's , only time I have ever seen it , looked like old black iron with all the dirt on it , untill u started cutting it :D :D it caused momentary :eek: soon got over it though :D donated a piece to an acs training centre down in Sussex ! before I gave it to them I asked what the regs were for gas pipes in un protected stair wells :) when thay told me I gave em the copper , with the statement Bo**o**'s .

At the pod over the bank holiday ??

Somewhere around £5 a kilo for clean copper pipe around here, but as a previous poster says, all depends where you take it. The best scrappy round here is about £5 a kilo, but there's another only giving £4:30p for the same stuff. If your taking a lot in, the 70p a kilo can make a considerable difference in how much you get back.
Last time me and my brother took a load of old copper in, we got over £900. The other scrappy would have only given us £850 for the same amount. ;) ;)

Yesterday - the brother took in half a builders bag of old copper - half a bag of brass taps and a couple of stainless sinks - £70 - honestly I get amazed everytime we take something in

Going over to 'wheels day' tommorow , will be up the Pod next month..........are you going?....ran a 10.02 @ 139.6 mph last time out , never got that 9 sec pass :( . motor weighs 4300 lb :eek:

More relevant than the price per kilo they advertise is the weight per kilo that pay you out on!

I used to have a friend who bought a scrap business and he told me that you cannot trade profitably unless you underweigh. He told me about a few of the tricks they use.

Try weighing some scrap yourself and then take it in and see what they weigh it at !

Going over to 'wheels day' tommorow , will be up the Pod next month..........are you going?....ran a 10.02 @ 139.6 mph last time out , never got that 9 sec pass :( . motor weighs 4300 lb :eek:

Hopefully I will be there , wheels day were ? been to a couple , was at the Aldershot with the pontiac owners club a couple years ago ( I think it was a couple )

Dually ?? meaning ( interested )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back