Current Tile Layout/Size Trends

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are looking to tile our bathroom - it's a room of approx 2.9m x 2.9m so I've calculated 31m2 for the walls and 7m2 for the floors (assuming 15% waste etc)

We are going for 600mm x 406mm tiles for the walls in Travertine.

Our mind is not made up in regards to the floor tiles - we can either go for the same tiles on the floor as on the walls or we can get 406mm x 406mm.

So the question is - what are the "current trends" for tiling with this size of wall tile (portrait, landscape, brick/staggered) and what floor tile size/layout is popular these days?

I'm leaning towards having brick-style layout with 600mm x 406mm on both walls and floor.

If any pros have a 'portfolio' of similar installations then i'd be very grateful if you could upload a few pics.

Thanks in advance

DAVAS

Sponsored Links
9 out of 10 jobs i do are in brick pattern. everyone is having it like that but i think in a couple of years it will look dated. i personally like them laid landscape with opus pattern on the floor. thats 4 different sizes of tiles in a set pattern

If your tiles are that big I think they will look rubbish in brick pattern.

We recently tiled bathroom (400x250 mm tiles) and stuck to the traditional portrait pattern. It's simple, and timeless.

It was surprising even with the modest tile size we used how little grouting there was. You will hardly have any grout lines at all with those huge tiles so why bother creating additional work for yourself?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back