Curved dado rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am doing out the hall / landing and am install a dado. All fairly straight forward apart from one of the walls in the hall has a curve with a radius of about 12".

I need to somehow bend the dado around this area and am trying to get some advise on how to go about it. I seem to remember seeing somewhere that you can soak the wood and bend it gradually over time. Or alternatively, if someone could direct me to a specific site.

Many thanks in advance

Andy

Sponsored Links
Soaking or steaming are normally only recommended for some hardwoods and in any case bending round a 12in radius curve is pretty difficult (read can be impossible unless you steam)..... The accepted joinery approach to bending round a curve is to saw kerf the back of the moulding to fit, then glue, fill and sand. There's a how to do it here

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back