Height of dado rail

B

Belrose

:) Mornin' all ! (Why am I up this late sitting at the computer - sad or what....)

I'd be grateful for opinions on what is the optimum height for a dado rail in a hallway and up the stairs ? Some of you may say that a dado rail is old fashioned or whatever, but it fits in with our corniced ceilings and plaster roses. Also we think it is a crafty idea to have plain emulsioned walls above the dado and a discreet wallpaper below (to give a bit of interest in an otherwise bland hall and stairway - oak hall floor and plain stair carpet). A bonus is that there is no wallpaper to be torn in high awkward places on the stairwell if carrying beds/furniture up. Whereas a scrape on the paint is soon remedied....

Lkg fwd to opinions ! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
if the room hight is around 8ft high

3ft /chair back height[around32"] /1/3 room height whatever looks right
and pictire rail around 1/6th or 1/5th [not that you wan't picture rail up the stairs :D ;)

the subject of dado rails in halls has been tackled quite a lot recently :D ;)

this thread may help!!!!!
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=82453&highlight=

:rolleyes: Thanks, big-all. I think I go blind when I look for previous posts on a subject - the more recent they are the more likely I am to miss them !

We haven't a problem like poor old 'hyscore' - the flight of stairs is straight up, so no fiddly cutting probs. Thanks for advice on height.

Bel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back