Custom sliding door wardrobe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to make a custom sliding door wardrobe on the next bedroom I do. I'd like to make it the width of the room (I'll be plastering the entire room too)

Is it just a matter of buying runners and doors to fit then making up the internal shelves? or if there more to it?

Any tips, advice.. direction is much appreciated

POT

Sponsored Links
That plus a good sturdy frame to fix the runners to, and you're well on the way......consider diyhomefit.co.uk for what you need!
John :)

You need to consider the door width which need to suit the width of the room, generally come in 60cm or approx 90cm width but can vary, with a slight overlap.
Width of a door may make access to rear difficult so also has to be taken into consideration.
Generally no frame required as door weight is usually taken by floor track.
My bedroom below.

You need to consider the door width which need to suit the width of the room, generally come in 60cm or approx 90cm width but can vary, with a slight overlap.
Width of a door may make access to rear difficult so also has to be taken into consideration.
Generally no frame required as door weight is usually taken by floor track.
My bedroom below.

wow, WOW. Very nice, this is EXACTLY how I want mine, don't suppose you did a step by step 'how to' when building it ? :oops:

Sponsored Links
Sorry. no step by step. Had draws from plans chest so incorporated them in design, internals are just painted 18mm mdf. Required a panel to left wall to compensate for room being slightly too wide for 3doors but too small for 4.
Top is just a 3x4 timber full width to take upper track and strip of mdf to hide along with the upper track as Mrs did not like the brushed metal on show.
Vertical panels and shelf is 18mm mdf secured to rear wall ,ceiling and floor with metal angle brackets.
I don't aim for a tight fit with internal panels as it helps with ventilation as outside wall can cause damp if not ventilated.
Lots of wire or plastic draws available from kitchen suppliers/ikea if you want draws.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back