customers who dont speak english

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
went to a job the other day and the customers could not even speak english i work on price per job
so as i looked around at the job the house was cluttered and there was about 3 guys asleep in both of the two bedrooms
how do you tell someone to get them out of bed when they dont understand
it was 10 0 clock when i arrived and needed to crack on 9 rad full heating
also have you ever had customers who watch you all the time over your shoulder and get in the way
one guy i know had a guy stood behind him all day so he pulled back the screw driver and stabbed in in the foot he squeeled but stood firm so five minutes later he pulled the blow torch back and set his robes on fire he soon moved out of the way

Sponsored Links
If they can't speak or understand english I won't do any work for them.

it makes the job a thousand times harder how can you explain how things work at the end of the job

Sponsored Links
also have you ever had customers who watch you all the time over your shoulder and get in the way
one guy i know had a guy stood behind him all day so he pulled back the screw driver and stabbed in in the foot he squeeled but stood firm so five minutes later he pulled the blow torch back and set his robes on fire he soon moved out of the way

im not bothered by customers watching me but if they are getting in the way i constantly bump into them pretending to get tools and the like, they soon get the idea. :D

If they can't speak or understand english I won't do any work for them.

Hear hear.

I need my customers to understand my actions, as I am in to carry out major repairs that will invove their boiler sat in the garden with me working on it.

[
im not bothered by customers watching me but if they are getting in the way i constantly bump into them pretending to get tools and the like, they soon get the idea. :D

I had one lady customer who sat on the sofa as I was decorating her sitting room.
I was rubbing down the ceiling, dust, krap, going everywhere, and the woman still sat there.

I was trying to set up my board, and steps getting ready to paper the ceiling, she asked me if I could hold on for a bit as she was watching GMTV. :eek:

Needless to say, I saw her on the show a few months later being interviewed, the topic was along the lines, 'I'm lucky to be alive':p

I'm curious how the OP got the job in the first place?

Didn't they suspect something when the customer phoned them up? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back