The Bricklayer who thought he was worth gold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The same listed building. XXX arrived, the builders bricky full of himself; middle aged a God amongst tradesmen and worth his weight in gold earning hundreds of pounds in a five day week; no one else like him; he was he best of the best; did not fly F-16' of course or been to Top Gun school; but he was the very best. and he knew it. Anyway, his job; to rebuild a block wall about 8 feet wide and 4 feet high with new 9x9x18 blocks. Visiited him on Saturday morning and watched as he laid his mortar with a swish of the wrist and laid blocks tapping them gingerly with care and attention; what a wonderful man he was; a God amongst the riff raff of the trade. I decided to speak to him as I bowed to his grace and standing; sort of like an audience with the King and said..."Why are you laying mortar on all that black soil". He turned to me; and went red with rage as I had questioned his expertise in brick laying and being an ordinary mortal myself stepped back. He ranted and raved and told he was having to do my job on a Saturday morning when he should have taken his daughter out. I replied; now look here Mate, complain to your boss not me; I am paying you wages; either get it right of GET OFF THE JOB. I then hastily retreated to a safer place.

Sponsored Links
Who is the gardener?

Norcon
Joe (the Tw%t) 90

Feel free to suggest otherwise

Sponsored Links
surely we've seen this whinging thread before?

Back