cut ends

G

george765

I've just learned that cuts in treated timbers from the builders merchants should be treated. A question for you carpenters, can I use any wood treatment lying around the shed for this purpose i.e cuprinol weatherproof garden wood treatment, Ronseal waterproof woodstain, or is there another product construction carpenters usually use ?
thanks

Sponsored Links
whilst extra treatment can be crushial timber 'treatment used 'expected use other physical protection can be very important
in general the top off end grain timber is best served by being covered to reduce exposure to weather
bottom grain can also be protected by deflecting downflow or additional protecting coatings or angleing timbers to better shed water at the bottom
so timber concerned pressure treated or not actual use all decide the best course off action

I used thomson water seal on some base shed timbers , ten years later dismantled and base timber was still pristine condition.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back