Cut finger tingles at work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everybody

A week ago today now, I cut my finger at work in the sink on a chipped piece of plate and it bled a lot(I work as a kitchen porter).

Anyway tonight (Friday) it is only slightly tender but whenever I touch the sink which is earth bonded or any other metal appliance such as the dishwasher I get quite a nasty tingle and this has happened quite a few times in the past on any other wound I have had when I am at work. I think the supply may be PME. Could I be right about my suspicions?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Dunno - what are your suspicions?

And what are you doing working in a kitchen with unprotected wounds?

What I am saying is could it be due to a volt drop on a PEN conductor resulting in a slight rise of voltage on earthed metalwork say?

As for working with unprotected wounds, when I cut my finger Ihad it bandaged at first then had a plaster on and worked with a rubber glove. It has since healed up , just a tiny bit sensitve.

this has happened quite a few times in the past on any other wound I have had when I am at work.

Boy are you accident-prone!!

Have you got any test equipment? Or the place you work a maintenance guy?

Sponsored Links
HI All

Sorry for the delay in replying, there is a maintenance guy who works there and I think is actually a qualified electrician who I could perhaps have a word with but I very rarely see him when I work there.

Many Thanks Everybody

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back