Cut hole for washing machine waste pipe in kitchen unit side

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to create a new hole for my washing machine waste pipe as it currently gets squashed by the built in dishwasher next to it.

In photo attached current pipe goes through hole at the top and you can see is squashed. I need a hole like the lower one to feed the waste pipe through as I cannot feed through the existing lower hole as it is too low.

I think the unit sides are MDF, my question is how best to make another hole like the existing low hole but higher up? I am worried if I drill a hole and try to saw or file it big enough for the hose, it will split the MDF.

I am a total novice as you can tell so any help much appreciated!

Thanks
Ed

Attachments

• F07BAF13-7466-4F2B-8BE7-BC66AE8AA4B7.jpeg
    F07BAF13-7466-4F2B-8BE7-BC66AE8AA4B7.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,271
Sponsored Links
it shouldn't split.
Possibly easier to enlarge the existing hole using a jig saw or pad saw.

You can probably tuck the hose under the cabinet and up the back, no need to make a new hole (if the hose is long enough)

I agree, it shouldn’t split, and agree if you remove that last section of unit at the back, it should fit better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back