cut the top wood of my cabinet

14 Sep 2008
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi All,
we have moved into a new flat. the flat has one of those cabinets that you fit your fridge and dishwasher within the cabinet.

unfortunately the fridge freezer inside the cabinet is mini and not very good for us this i want to remove this and place my standard fridge freezer in there.

so far have removed the fridge however there is also a layer of wood on top of it that is just a flat peice of wood on top of the cabinet. i will have hacksaw or cut that so my standard fridge will fit in

i am thinking of getting an angle grinder from argos which is around £20 and then cut it using the metal disc that comes with it, would that work? would the metal disc cut wood?

Sponsored Links
pictures please
definately not a metal disk
a handsaw may be better but pictures first please
thats worktop
clamp a baton on the top a good sharp hand saw
thats assuming you dont have a circular saw or decent jigsaw
Sponsored Links
Standard hand saw, [curved blade of a floor board saw would be even better]no room for power tool when you reach the wall.Make sure you remove brackets below before you start.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local