Cut through boiler cable next to the watertank.

Good advice.
To the op I assumed that you removed some kind of face plate to expose that wiring? Presumably that one wasn't creating a suitable earth/cpc connection, but it's possible it had some kind of strain relief! What was there, if anything, covering the wiring terminations?

Sponsored Links
A plastic face plate . Small cut out at the bottom where the cables cone out from

Sparky reckons the problem could be a faulty 3 way valve.

Removed the hive thermostat and installed the old thermostat.

With thermostat turn off the boiler has an orange light

Turn stat on . Boiler goes red

The 3 way myson valve buzzes too

Thoughts? Could the 3 way valve be a wiring fault if faulty ?

Sponsored Links
Sparky reckons the problem could be a faulty 3 way valve.
Surely he can test to confirm what the fault is?

This thread is driving me totally mad. It's only a Y plan FFS how many more tradesmen are going to poke at this installation with a screwdriver without a fu**ing clue what they are doing and then randomly guess what the fault might be. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: They should hang their heads in shame!

Both of those should have been able to narrow the fault to one part. OK the boiler might be faulty and require looking at, but they can at least prove all the external controls are working properly, likewise if the valve is faulty they can still test the thermostats, check that the valve is getting the correct signals and check the boiler and pump operate.

This thread is driving me totally mad.
I agree & for the same reasons.

I feel though, that there is something rather odd going on here. But it's difficult to diagnose via an online forum without being able to actually conduct tests. I will be interested to find out what really was the problem, once it is solved, as I am sure the OP will.

British gas say to rewire, electrician says the wiring iss fine and there is no need to replace the wires.

Next visit will be britush gas tomorrow.

Then I'm on holiday for a week Sunday.

This has been one frustrating problem.

If resolved I will post the fault,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back