Have cut through cable with 6 cables in it. No heating etc.

R

ryoc

Working in the bathroom earlier, I nicked a cable running up behind the wall. Later noticed central heating not working and no hot water. Boiler dead. Guessed it must have been the cable I nicked with a saw, assumed it was a normal 3 core cable.. Cut the cable to repair it and there are six cables (one white plastic) in it. Maybe cable to Honeywell programmer? spliced the cables together, still not working. Wife not impressed. Could there be seperate fuse somewhere? Thanks :(

Sponsored Links
fuse will be in the boiler pcb (1or 2 amp glass), in the fused spur (3a) supplying the boiler circuit or in the main consumer unit (usually a small amp fuse or trip up to 16a)

. Could there be seperate fuse somewhere? Thanks :(

yup but it depends on what the cable you damaged is connected too where to start looking,you will find a fuse
in a spur connection unit
or in the consumer unit
or in the boiler itself
or sometimes in a wiring centre

or you may have damaged something else for example the programmer if the spur unit was incorrectly fitted with a 13 amp fuse - as many are!

Matt

Sponsored Links
its a case of hunt and ye will find, various places but not a total disaster, what boiler and system do you have?

Thanks for the replies. The boiler is a Potterton Suprima 60L. Had a quick look and cannot see a fuse on the boiler (sorry, what/where is the boiler PCB?).

Thanks for the replies. The boiler is a Potterton Suprima 60L. Had a quick look and cannot see a fuse on the boiler (sorry, what/where is the boiler PCB?).

its in the centre of the pcb housing between the multi plugs, undo the screw (3.15 amp antisurge)

matt

Not sorted yet. In Pinner, Middx. I guess cable cut will need to be replaced, and fuse wherever it may be, replaced too. Have another look during daylight and all may be revealed.. Early night with extra blankets.

Morning all. I have a Honeywell ST6400C programmer. The display is blank. Have tried the reset button, but still blank ??

Cannot find a fused spur anywhere, only the Honeywell junction box. The guy who wired it up is now somewhere in Australia. Will contact local electrician and see if he can find it.. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back