Cutting an existing laminate floor at doorway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Currently have a laminate floor which goes from the dining area through an archway into the kitchen. Planning to replace the kitchen floor with stone tiles.

The challenge is how to cut the existing laminate floor where it goes through the archway (the boards are laid perpendicular to the arch). I can use a circular saw for most of the width but it wont go all the way up to the edge. Anyone have any tips on how to cut the last few cm of board next to the skirting?

I could lift the entire floor and relay but that would be a pain as it is laid under the skirting and so I would have to remove and then refit all of the skirting boards so I'm looking for an easier solution!

Sponsored Links
bosch 180e
http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...=X&ei=CLh8Ta-eDJS0hAf0-o39Bg&ved=0CDoQ8wIwAA#

screw a baton onto the waste side with screws 12mm longer than you need and try and jack the the laminate a couple off mm cut 75-95% off the way through the laminate full width
otherwise if you have concrete underneath you could blunt the blade in a couple off plunges
and iff you angle the machine back about 5 degrees as you knacker progressive teeth the ones in front will still be cutting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back