Cutting architrave lengthways

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's the best method/tool for cutting architrave lengthways?

I have several lengths to cut that will be butted up against walls and want the best way of getting a straight edge.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As per L L except without the axe :rolleyes: throw away/fleamed teeth handsaws and a sawhorse are the trades way of doing it.
By the way why do you have to saw so many down their length, are they all to fitted against perpendicular walls or what? ...pinenot :)

Ah yes the cut itself is quicker with a table saw but if you add in the time humping it off the van , setting it up , running leads then there probably isn't much in it plus it's easier to cut an out of straight cut by hand if necessary.

Pinenot , do I take it you don't have an axe in your kit? I feel almost naked without mine :D

Oh no, an axe was always part of my kit, for dooks and such like...pinenot :)

blimey how big are the archs you trying to trim if it needs an 'axe'?

or do you a hachet? ;)

i dont have 1 in my kit,seems like its to precise for my work :LOL:

Doesn't matter about the size, I've used mine on foot square oak down to pencil sharpening.
Definately an axe , single handed axe. I did have to check the precise meaning of a hatchet just to check I hadn't been calling my axe by the wrong name for all those years. Seems my lathing axe is more of a hatchet but I only tend to use it for rough work ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatchet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe

Doesn't matter about the size

dont apoligise for having a small chopper. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back