Cutting cheap thin glass mosaic tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am attempting to tile my kitchen with mosaic.

I will pick up a trowel and float from toolstation or screwfix tomorrow.

What i also need is a grinder disc for my grinder. I think it takes 4" discs (regular grinder).

I also have a wet tile cutting machine in the shed, bought it used yonks ago, never used it before so not sure if it still works. Perhaps i can drag that out and test it. Then buy the correct blade for it if needed.

Either way... What is the best disc to go for? i have no idea. And i don't have any tools to score it, so i hope that i dont need to do that... Trying to keep prices low since its a one off job.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Tile cutting disc.:confused:

Though when my wife did a mosaic on the garden table she took a hammer too the tiles.

If you have cheap thin glass mosaic tiles why do you need to cut them?

Tile cutting disc.:confused:

Though when my wife did a mosaic on the garden table she took a hammer too the tiles.

If you have cheap thin glass mosaic tiles why do you need to cut them?
My brother fitted some of these mosaics for me already, and he used a grinder to cut them. When i say they're thin, i mean they're not paper thin, but thinner than other better quality tiles on the market.

I understand about the tile cutting disc. But i have glass tiles.....

Also no, my brother wont be coming back any time soon, he's too busy, took him 2 months to come and do one half of the kitchen. So I will finish before Christmas is upon us.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back