cutting concrete gravel boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can i use a small angle grinder to cut through a standad concrete gravel board (2 inch thick )using a diamond disc?

i have a large grinder but since the disc exploded in my face last year i'd rather not use it.......too scared!

thanks

Sponsored Links
you stand as much chance of the disk exploding on a small grinder..

a decent diamond blade will not explode anyway since it's metal.

you can do it that way, it will just take a lot longer, and will wear out a lot more of the disk / more disks..

rent a still saw.. they have guards and are designed to do this kind of thing

take it easy and don't force it or twist it as you cut..

and as always, wear goggles / face visor, dust mask, gloves and ear protection.. best not to do it in shorts or thin trousers, a heavy jean is your best bet, and steel toe boots..

the concrete used for gravel boards is normally made with small aggregates. They are easy to cut and a 9" electric grinder will do the trick, but a stihl saw will make very light work of it. Dont forget they have a couple of bars of reinforcement running through so just let the blade do its work

Sponsored Links
Depends how many you've got to do, a small grinder will work if you're only doing a few.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back