Cutting fascia board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some 200mm x 9mm fascia, 150mm would really do me, is it OK to cut along its length?, the cut edge will be hidden with cloak verges.

Sponsored Links
Im assuming that you have upvc coverboard.....if so,then there is no problem cutting it to required size

I have some 200mm x 9mm fascia, 150mm would really do me, is it OK to cut along its length?, the cut edge will be hidden with cloak verges.

not a problem. use a circular saw with a guide.

9mm seems a bit flimsy?

if you are referring to plastic cap fascia then the same applies only cut from the back or reverse side. it prevents any damage from tear-out.

It must be plastic - you can't buy 9 x 200 SW fascia!

I don't know about cutting from the reverse side - surely that would chip the face coating badly? :eek:

Sponsored Links
Cheers lads, it is coverboard and 10mm not 9 :oops: Its leftovers from another extension, price was right and it will cover the old wooden fascias.

Just to go of on a tangent the extension is also getting UPVC fascia, visited 3 merchants today for quotes and every one suggested putting up timber backing and capping with the same 10mm.
They say they sell very little 18mm fascia and most of the builders around here use this method. Any thoughts?

It must be plastic - you can't buy 9 x 200 SW fascia!

I don't know about cutting from the reverse side - surely that would chip the face coating badly? :eek:

the leading edge of a circular saw cuts upwards.

flipping the work piece, i.e. presenting the saw to the reverse side, reduces tear out considerably.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back