Cutting Glass Tiles...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've got some 48mm square coloured glass tiles - some clear, some frosted. They are about 7-8mm thick and I'd like to be able to cut several of them - any advice on tools and techniques please? I probably have about 30-40 to do.

Thanks
Simon

Sponsored Links
We have just had the same problem today, we used a Plasplug tile cutter, it seemed to work fairly well even though it does not say it can cut glass. The problem we had was the tiles were small mosaics.

I'm not sure if there are any special discs just for cutting glass.

Simon

You can cut them with a good manual tile cutter if the cut is more than 10-12mm from the edge. Or an electric one will do it but take longer and there is more risk of chipping the backing if they are coated on the back.

Jason

They are coated on the back. Can you please provide a link to what you would consider a 'good' tilecutter?

Thanks
Simon

Sponsored Links
I use a small Rubi Star 50 when working in small bathrooms, will do the job without breaking the bank.

Used it to cut the glass in this Loo

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back