cutting in ?? any alternatives ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive , read all the tips on here - Ive tried and tried -
Ive used the .... " hold your brush like a pen "... that didnt work
Ive even tried with a "special " pointy brush that cost a fiver
Ive used masking tape, that just ripped bits of the wall that had been OK.
And the time has come to hold my hands up and admit defeat - where the wall meats the cieling looks like a donkeys hind leg - sorry lads I did heed your advice and did give it my best , but Ive been right round 5 times now and am totally ****ed off with it - is there anything out there I can buy or try ?? Rollers with guards on ???? rollers with little wheels that follow the line ??? a small specially trained paint monkey ??? any tips appreciated .

Sponsored Links
None of the gizmo's work IMO. The trick to successful cutting in is to use a wide brush (minimum 2”), not a small one which might not sound right but makes all the difference. When cutting in, hold the brush long edge parallel to the ceiling & tilt to an angle of around 30 degrees towards you & backwards, pushing the bristles into a curve so they form a straight edge against the wall/ceiling you’re cutting into. Many modern brushes now have very long bristles which I find almost impossible to use so pick a brush with shorter bristles so the head is nearer a square than a rectangle.

Difficult to explain but hopefully you can understand; have a search on “U tube”, some saddo may have done a video of himself "cutting in".

you could try use a guide. something with a straight edge. like a metal caulker. just push it in the edge and paint it then wipe the metal edge and repeat. don`t know how good it will look but its worth a try i suppose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back