Cutting plastic soil-pipe in confined space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to move my toilet a few centimeters left to provide more space in front of the basin.

It's a back-to-wall toilet and the soil pipe is behind a partially tiled stud wall about 1 metre high that also has a bath abutting it so removing it is no small task

The toilet connects to the soil-pipe using one of those flexible concertina type pipes. Keeping the existing pipe work would require the flexible pipe to make a very small radius turn that does not look possible (I've not tried it yet as I've yet to remove the lower row of tiles and cut a new hole in the plasterboard).

The sensible option would seem to be to cut the plastic soil pipe back by 10 cm but with such a confined space, using a hacksaw is not possible. I can access the pipe via the exit hole for the flexible hose (after pulling it off)

Is there such a thing as a pipe-slice for a 4" plastic soil-pipe? Or some type of ratchet cutting device I could use?

Cheers for any help.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back