Cutting Through Concrete Path Using A Cold Chisel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section (tried my best looking for the most appropriate section).

I'm cutting through a concrete path and I'm using a cold chisel with a club hammer (probably not the best of tools) but it's all I can think of at the moment, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what else to use to save time etc? I'd really appreciate any advice and if you have any tips/ shortcuts about cutting through concrete, that would be great also.

Thanks.

P.S. I think I'm going to wear my ear muffs next time :LOL:. Ears are hurting a bit.

Sponsored Links
When you say cutting through, is it to remove, change shape of, of some other reason?

Stihl saw?

stihlsaw.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replies everyone...

Hitachimad:

I'm just cutting through a concrete path with a depth of 5 inches because there is excess that we wish to take up so we can grow a bush there :). The width is about 2 feet. I'll be putting a drain pipe in its place too and cementing over the top of it.

Thanks for suggestions everyone regarding what tools to use. Sorry I didn't check back earlier. I'm actually half way through now, so the chisel is working a treat :).

I have a technique of denting the surface with the chisel bolster 90 degrees (upright) and then positioning it about 45 degrees creating a little recess by hacking away the surface of the concrete to go. Holding the club at the top of the handle helped too.

Cheers anyway ;).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back