patio join to concrete path

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm a novice about to start relaying a patio using old flags. Am still at the planning stage trying to work out how I will do it and what tools I need.

Its a very simple shape except on the left (see pic) where it will join a concrete path at a slight angle.

My question is, what is the easiest way to deal with this bit? Cut into the path to get a straight line, cut the flags or fill the gap with concrete? and if any cutting is required, could this be done with a bolster chisel or would I need to hire something like an angle grinder?

Any help much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
If the angle in your diagram isn't exaggerated then I would cut the flags with an angle grinder to meet the path. If the angle is less than in the diagram you might get away with some neat pointing without cutting but depends on the gap and how it looks.

I wouldn't even consider cutting into the path.

Thanks
The angle is quite exaggerated, I should have said.
The gap would only be maybe 10cm at the house side if I laid them without cutting.
I'm quite keen to keep things simple and avoid any cutting!
I guess another option would be to plant a shrub or something in the gap to cover it up.

another quick question:

Do you need edging on a patio? I've read conflicting things. Some seem to suggest no while others mention edging kerbs set in concrete or plastic spike things

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back