cutting tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Had a new boiler installed which is great but it is a combi and hence my existing shower needed to be changed. The old shower was removed (pumped mira) to leave a whole in the tiling, as well as the box work.

Problem is the plumber that installed the boiler is dragging his feet replacing the shower as we need tiling done! It was all meant to be part of the job but he now says we need to cut some of the existing tiles in situ as the shower cubicle is over the tiles!!!!!!!!! i.e. can't remove whole tiles!

Is this possible?

He is trying to get a tiler to come and do this and hence the delay. Seems like this would be difficult but what do I know.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
am i reading this right? you want to actually cut the tiles on the wall?

if you really need the tiles removing it would be next to impossible to do a good job, only way i could think would be use a angle grinder with diamond blade, but there is loads of room for error there.

best way is take out tiles in the way then replace the hole afterwards, but your problem there is unless you got some tiles to match it would look odd.

Sponsored Links
hey it is possible with a length of timber nailed to the wall (with fine nails through grout) then use a diamond wheel on a small grinder.

It is pretty difficult though and you usually need a row of border tiles or something and try to cover it by making a feauture in some way.

Nearly always looks very ropey though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back