Cylinder .. thermostat ?? any help appreciated!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to make sure my heating system is running as efficiently as possible especially with the cost of fuel at the moment. I wanted to check what my cylinder thermostat was set to ... but I cant actually see one ??

Could someone explain what I actually have from the pictures ?? ... and what I might need ... and estimated costs to do the job if possible.

I did notice the pressure wasnt to far off 3 bar the other day aswell. No idea if this is the norm ? just really need some advice!

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Thermostat should be under the blue rectangular cover on the side, probably the lower one.

Thanks, you were right, I had pulled the blue covers away previously but just saw the insulation so screwed them back on.

More pics below, should I be looking at some kind of external stat I can adjust safely and accurately ? ...

This is the pressure this morning and Ive seen it slightly higher than this @ 2.5, is this right or is something wrong ? (I just remember the pressure from a previous combi system being around 1 to 1.5 bar most of the time)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back