DAB Radio needed to turn on when power applied

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a make of DAB radio which will turn on when power is applied from the mains power supply. Its because I want it to come on using a wireless remote socket, so , not to have to touch any power switch on the radio,just a power on button on the socket remote supplying it. Any ideas appreciated.

Sponsored Links
No but you can get DAB radios that incorporate their own timers.

Basically a radio alarm

And others that can be controlled by an app on your phone

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Both my DABs are old but I like Pure and Roberts.
Worth dropping them both a line with the question?

many have a remote anyway

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Have you thought about alternatives to DAB?
Just as an example, an Alexa will happily stream many radio stations; it's controllable without the need for a smart switch inbetween.

I have a SusieQ that can be controlled by an app on the phone.

Thanks for all the suggestions. It's actually for an immobile elderly relative. They don't like Alexa, thinks it's creepy! I guess a radio with its own remote might be the best solution.

Teeth pulled out with pliers, tongue nailed to the desk, hot poker to the base of the spin, or just good old needles in the eyes. These and other exciting alternatives in preference to owning DAB equipment. :LOL: :p:LOL::p:LOL::p:LOL:

Alexa for immobile people really is a good answer. Can also be linked easily linked to lights of course. We use Alexa almost exclusively for radio

DAB sound quality is very poor. Internet radio is not as bad. Sound from my smart TV is acceptable, and is also operated with a remote.

None of them can match sound quality from FM radio or DVD.

This could be one of those times when keeping it old skool might be the perfect answer. An older FM/AM Roberts radio - manual everything, no logic control - and a simple wireless power switch. Aside from volume control, it's on/off with a single button press.

Teeth pulled out with pliers, tongue nailed to the desk, hot poker to the base of the spin, or just good old needles in the eyes. These and other exciting alternatives in preference to owning DAB equipment. :LOL: :p:LOL::p:LOL::p:LOL:
I know, agreed re DAB, it's just the last radio ( which developed a fault ) was DAB. FM might be OK, reception not brilliant though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back