Daewoo Larder fridge/freezer not worked since storage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Daewoo larder type fridge freezer (frost free). It had started frosting up before I moved from the old house, then it went into storage for 3 mths. When it was moved to the new house it was left to stand for a day and then switched on. It's never worked since, the lights come on, it sounds like it's working but the freezer is vaguely cool and the fridge is just normal temp. I have checked the circuit board and it doesn't look damaged, the fan below works occasionally, however, I know absolutely nothing about fridge freezers so not sure if the fan is meant to on constantly or not. The big black metal thing next to the fan gets roasting hot if the unit is left on. I have even tried putting it on it's top for a day, then putting it back the right way for a day-as suggested by my local electric shop- in case of airlocks but it still won't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks in anticipation of any answers :LOL:

Sponsored Links
What do you Mean by putting it on it's top. I hope you don't mean upside down.

Ermmm yes .... upside down.... thats what the guy in my local electrical shop said to do ............ he said it might sort the problem out :oops: I assumed he knew what he was talking about ............ I'm gathering from your post he didn't :?:

Sponsored Links
No he should not have told you that. There's oil in the compressor and that has gone all round the system it's goosed they should never be tipped upside down. Time to buy a new one or get get someone to vac the oil out and regas but it's not gonna be cheap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back