daewoo matiz no heating

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Hi
I have just bought a little daewoo matiz for my gf, and just trying to get it ship shape before xmas. Everything seems ok with it except the heating doesn't seem to work. The fan works ok at different speeds, it changes direction fine, and you can notice a very slight difference when you change from hot to cold. Also the outside/inside switch is working fine. I'm terrible with cars so wondered if anyone knew if there is a regular problem that would cause this, or what I should check for?

As a side note, if anyone lives in east herts/west essex fancies having a look, basically get the heating going, and a quick going over (not sure when last service was done) just to make sure everything is at it should then email me. Also if you need any plumbing/heating/gas work doing, we could also negotiate a swap. I'd rather spend 4hours fitting TRVs then messing with a car!

Sponsored Links
have you located the heater pipes in the engine bay that run to the matrix and felt them to see if they are warm?

try the heater matrix unfortunatly daewoo are mostly old vauxhalls or worse old rovers and the matrix is known to block check the pipes have not been joined together and bypassed the matrix (naughty quick fix)

Sponsored Links
thanks for responses, My cousin who likes to fiddle with cars came and helped me with this, We changed the thermostat, cleaned out the heater core&hoses, and it seems to be good now. Certainly will stick to fixing boilers, it was a pain in the ar$e to be fair.

Sponsored Links
Back