Daft questions re: Fitting bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am sure these are pretty daft questions but I am new to this DIY game so here goes;

I am going to fit a new bath over the next day or two and would appreciate help with the following

I have bought push fit tap connectors to give me a bit of lee-way when positioning the bath - do I need to put PTFE tape around the copper pipe before attaching the connector (or silicone)? Or is no other sealant needed with push fit?

I will need to cut the copper pipes going to the old taps - how do I get rid of any copper filings from the pipe before putting the new taps on? - do I just put the water back on briefly to blow em out the pipe?

Fairly basic stuff I know but any assistance would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
no ptfe is needed, the pushfit's have a seal in them.

there should be no filings in the pipe as u should use a pipe cutter to cut the pipe!!!

Thanks for quick response Jason - I'll nip to B&Q this afternoon and buy a pipe cutter.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
check with manufacturer on what lubricant to use as some lubs attack the o ring and cause probs in the future

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back