replacing basin and bath taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,i am replacing my basin and bath taps in the near future.i have the new taps and when fitting them i was wondering if braided flexible tap connectors with valves are ok to use as i think it will make the fitting and any future work if needed easier.
are they easy to fit as oppossed to fitting the taps directly to the copper piping?
are there any pitfalls i should be aware of or tips that might make this job easier?
thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
I'm no professional but they make fitting way easier. The position of existing piping may not be compatible with tap spacing on other sinks. Not aware of any pitfalls apart from they don't look as nice.

are they easy to fit as oppossed to fitting the taps directly to the copper piping?
Yes they are easy, but be aware that braided hoses are more restrictive than copper or plastic pipework, and the one on the hot service will degrade faster than the cold one.

are there any pitfalls i should be aware of or tips that might make this job easier?
1. On the bath, remove the overflow to make access easier.
2. If you use braided hoses, avoid twisting or kinking them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back